These are very loud!

These are very loud!

Caves are a good place to hide.

Caves are a good place to hide.

Just funny to me.

Just funny to me.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Knife of Destiny?

Well, I lost another knife. This one was a CRKT m16-14ZSF. I am not sure why, but I was very attached to it. I only had it for a week, but I connected to it. Could it be that I am trying to make meaningful connections with objects to fill a loneliness? Probably. Regardless, it saddened me. I have lost two knives since I have been here, and I am not going to buy another... Maybe I will. If I do get one, will it provide the same connection? Would it be just a cheap fill-in? For whatever reason, I guess that I am not supposed to have one here. To paraphrase Mr. Cash "John, don't take your knife to town". Maybe that is the reason. Have I conveyed that this lose affected me more than it should have? It is hard to explain, but it fills like a small hole in me now. Way to attached to a piece of metal and composite. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment